By the early 1930s, settlement of the Témiscamingue region was almost at a close, and its vocation as an agricultural area was well established. It was at this time that changes began to occur that would mark a turning point in the daily existence of farmers and the very structure of the agricultural industry. These changes occurred at several levels. Technological progress, together with the introduction of electricity in rural areas in 1947, led to the mechanization of farms. These changes were further promoted by social innovation involving the development of cooperatives and credit unions and consequently the availability of farm credit as well as the creation of the Moffet School of Agriculture.
Aware that changes in agricultural life had taken place at the same time as changes in religious life, as early as 1999, the Guérin Museum presented an exhibit entitled "Around the bell tower: the rural parish of the 1940s and 1950s". To complete the picture, there is to be a new exhibit in 2005: "The Rural Awakening" relating the history of changes in agriculture.
The Guérin Museum was set up in the village's presbytery, built in 1912, and on its adjoining site in order to give a view of rural life and present the region's religious and agricultural history. At the same time, it highlights the significant role played by missionaries in the development of agriculture.